As luck would have it, a winter storm warning/advisory/watch of historical proportions is predicted over the weekend and early part of next week for the Midwest. Six weeks ago when Jay had been working for what seemed like an eternity, I made reservations to the French Lick Water Park/Resort for the family (three other families are going also) for this very weekend.
Jay says not everything is about me. I realize this (or at least I'm trying to). But I really am starting to wonder if my/our purpose in life is to predict nasty weather. It seems we cannot go anywhere outside of Clark County (and many times at our local state park in county) without being blessed with unpleasant weather. It appears as if it follows us where 'ere we go...you know what I'm saying.
It is January, and the heart of the winter season, but still. There are like, what, 15 weekends during winter...this weekend is just ONE of them. Last March we went to Branson with the 4-H Horse Club and drove home in some of the worst winter weather I've ever been out in. It was frightening at times.
Just this morning, Madolyn and I were talking about that treacherous drive home, how scary/stupid it was, etc. And guess what? We are heading east tomorrow as soon as volleyball practice is over. Yee-Haw.
My advice to you - go in the exact opposite direction of where the Wilhoit's plan on being. And go to Wal-Mart before the weather advisory hits the airwaves...Stay safe and warm, friends!!
1 comment:
I just caught up on some blog-reading!
Post a Comment