Thursday, October 31, 2013

Friday - Bazaar Stuff

Tomorrow is the __(insert # here;)__ Annual Willow Creek CP Church Bazaar.  As always we will be serving chili or vegetable soup, chicken or ham sandwich (on white or wheat), drinks and dessert for $6 beginning at 11:00, ending around 6:00.  The doors will open at 8:00, and folks, it would be really nice if you could wait until 8:00...

I've been a knitting fool so that's my contribution this year.  Last night I decided (no time like NOW) I better 'block' this toddler scarf I knitted about six weeks ago.  It curls real bad, but is soooo cute and has a matching hat.  The Yarn Studio gal told me what to do, using damp towels, etc.  I dug out the scarf, got a towel and put it down on the counter.  I got it wet and spread out the scarf, covering it back up with the damp towel.  Went to bed.

Sweet little Josie must really, really like this cute little scarf because right after I finished knitting it, she dug it out (not kidding) of a box and had it in the living room...creating one snag, which I fixed.  Some time early this morning (Jay said it was still in place when he left for work) I guess she wanted to try it on again and she got the towel and the scarf off the counter and made two VERY large snags in the scarf.  I wanted to hurt the sweet feline, but I did not.  I cannot tell you how long that simple-looking scarf took because of the tiny size of the yarn.  Ahh!  I am going to try to repair the snags.

I smoothed the scarf out between the damp towel and put it in my truck.  SURELY, she will not find that scarf in there.  Sweet little kitty.

So come on out to the Community Center in Martinsville tomorrow, eat lunch or supper and shop around.  You may or may not see that cute little scarf...because it may be wrapped around my sweet Josie's neck.

No comments: