Tuesday, August 27, 2013

18 and counting...

Jay and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary yesterday.  We really 'celebrated' on Friday evening with a nice dinner at the Black Angus Restaurant in Terre Haute.  The food was delicious, and although it was a little pricey, it was an occasion to be celebrated so we were okay with it.

Last night Jay had a meeting and I had Ladies Night Out with the church women at Monical's.  Monical's Pizza is my number one favorite and I haven't been there in months, so in essence, Jay taking me out on Friday night, which freed up my Monday evening, was a great gift.

My real gift is something I bet none of you have ever in your life received...and maybe never will.  That makes me a very special girl.  My mom always tries to give us something in line with what is appropriate for each anniversary.  Eighteen was porcelain.  She asked if we needed a new sink.  Haha.

Back to my very special gift.  Last year for our anniversary I received a Duroc Gilt named Yadi from the Illinois State Fair gilt sale.  And now look...Yadi is on her second litter and there are eight babies in our barn.  This year, Jay has spent countless hours looking at websites and researching the specifics of this gift.  He has finally narrowed it down to one...

Boar, that is.  Jay just ordered some semen for our pigs so they can be artificially inseminated in a couple weeks.  It's the gift that keeps on giving.  You're jealous, I know...

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Well, a happy anniversary to YOU! And doesn't it figure I'm eating my creamy cheesy lunch while reading about your gift. HAHAHA!