Friday, January 25, 2013

Kitten fun

The Outlaw Josie Wilhoit is so much fun.  How we had forgotten how energetic and ornery little kittens can be!  She is relentless and seems to have a constant supply of GO power.  I will say that I don't regret getting her for one second, even now as I look at my scratched-up hands, the red spots on my eyelids (she can't seem to resist), the slight scratch across the bridge of my nose and the one on my forehead.

One of the funniest things about Miss Josie is her affection for the furnace.  All of us love to turn the furnace up, get a blanket and sit on top of the vent to warm up on a cold day, but she is a kitten, covered in fur...and she loves it too.  Every now and then when it comes on, you will see her either sitting on top of the vent or in the kitchen sitting next to the one in the island which blows out and not up.  I took a picture because I thought it was adorable.


Our black lab, Abby, is still not too sure about Josie.  She cannot resist tracking her down if she's in the house.  It's her instinct.  We have to be careful never to let them alone together.  I do believe Abby would eat Josie in one swift bite.  Hank, on the other hand, is a little more accepting of the kitty.  He is as curious about her as she is about him.  Several times we have caught her sitting with or on Hank the Tank.  Thankfully, he's a harmless soul (at least so far).


Josie thinks I'm her mother and wants to be on me, my face preferably, at all times.  If she finds me sitting down, she is crawling around my neck and face...and eventually finds that perfect spot and goes to sleep wrapped around my neck.  The problem is that when I get in bed and want to go to sleep, this does not seem to be the time that Josie wants to snuggle up for a nap. This is when she decides I am her mother and wants me to lick her, which I draw the line at.  I have to cover my face with the sheet or a blanket to keep her from wallowing my nose and mouth.  Eventually, I have to toss her out of the bedroom and shut the door because I simply cannot take it.  You may think this sounds all cute and adorable until you're the one that is trying to sleep!

Even Madolyn has had to shut her door at night to keep the little lioness from crawling around her face and scratching.  Lane thought he was safe from her nighttime shenanigans because he sleeps on the top bunk...ha, she has already figured out how to climb the ladder and get up there with him.  She doesn't seem to bother him too much in the middle of the night yet.  Lane had his twin friends over a couple weekends ago and one of the boys had tried sleeping on the floor, was attacked by Josie and moved to the bottom bunk with his brother.  That didn't reall stop her.  I think the boys just gave up.  I wish I had known, I would have locked her in the bathroom.  Next time, we'll be more prepared.

Josie looks a lot like Meepie did when he was a kitten, and within just a few days of Josie's arrival, she started doing something that Meep did.  She drinks water from a glass on my night stand.  I don't think Josie has made the choice to refuse water from anywhere else, like Meepie did, but who knows, it could come to that.  So I keep refilling that small glass that I used to keep there for Meep.  And it gives her another excuse to crawl across my face to get to the nightstand.

Of course, I miss the Meepie every now and then, but we sure are enjoying The Outlaw Josie Wilhoit at our house.  She is so much fun and can be very lovey.

No comments: