I'm telling you, there has got to be an alarm on my toilet seat. The very minute I sit down on it, someone needs something. It is nearly impossible to go to the bathroom without interruption. Honestly, there are times I will just go in there and sit down to have some peace...only too soon realizing that I'm still within reach of my family. I will even say, "Hey, I'm going to be in the bathroom so don't yell for me." And within moments, it starts. I honestly don't think they're doing it on purpose, but sometimes I have to wonder.
Same goes with the phone. It's like that too is somehow connected to the toilet seat. Sit down, phone rings. Hmm, can someone else in the house answer the phone, please? Okay, apparently not. Wait for answering machine to pick up...cell phone starts ringing. Ahhh. Makes sense though, they couldn't get us on the house phone so they try the cell. All the while I want to cry because I would just like to use the bathroom without some sort of interruption.
I know it's silly because in the big scheme of things it is petty and minuscule. Instead of whining about being interrupted, I should be thankful that I have people that can't seem to live without me, and I have a flushing toilet in a warm room with nice, soft toilet paper. But last night I just had to laugh thinking about it because the minute I sat down, the bathroom door swung open. And here is what gets me...when the door swings open and they see that I am sitting there, they look stunned, as if they cannot understand what I am doing and why the door was shut. I know that we aren't modest at our house, but usually when the bathroom door is shut and we don't have company, that means somebody is in there and visitors are not welcome.
After I shooed off my first intruder, Madolyn started taunting Lane so I could hear them screaming from the living room. Then Lane came in so I had to yell at Madolyn. It was so relaxing. Madolyn's friends were over before going to church so every time the door swung open, I had to wonder if there would be my two kids standing there staring at me or five kids. Good times.
What were we thinking when we didn't put a lock on our bathroom door? I'm thinking a deadbolt might be nice.
1 comment:
TOO FUNNY! I LOL'ed at "It was so relaxing." So been there. ;-)
Post a Comment