| Josie |
I didn't tell the family that I was going to see about a kitten. They were busy preparing the farrowing house at our friends' house anyway so it would be easy to sneak her in the house...except that she would not come out from under my passenger front seat. I tried and tried over about an hour-and-a-half time period and finally gave up. The family came home. I told them that after supper I had a little project for them, but it would have to wait (I was shaking because of hunger:)
Halfway through supper I spilled the beans. "Hey, guys, I got a kitten today and she's stuck underneath the front passenger seat of my truck." Lane shot out of the house like a cannon. Jay was dumbfounded. Madolyn scurried out to help Lane. Quickly, the kids reappeared holding Josie. She had come out of the seat and was just waiting for a rescue. (See, I softened her up for that.)
| So snuggly |
| Lane was trying so hard to pretend sleep |
Not more than than thirty minutes later I was scanning the guide on the TV, and would you believe the Clint Eastwood movie, one of my brother's favorites, "The Outlaw Josey Wales" was coming on at 9:00. I set the DVR to record it. It was a sign. Josie was meant to be...even though we're still spelling her name with an "ie." Welcome to the family, The Outlaw Josie Wilhoit!
No comments:
Post a Comment