I've been on another hiatus from the blog...if you have noticed. Working on that not-so-perfect Christmas Tree has been stressful. And if you're wondering where our Christmas cards are, I'm going for New Year's cards this year. Stay tuned.
I'm working on another box of chocolate-covered cherries, thanks to my coworker who reads my blog. She's the only one that got the hint (ha). Maybe she's my only real follower. It's just what I needed though, there were no snacks around here at all!
This morning, I woke up. That's right, I woke up and so did you. And guess what? I wasn't even surprised that I woke up. We all survived the predicted end of the world. Was there ever any real doubt? Isn't it sad that people actually believed that? I guess it's nothing to laugh about, but honestly, God is very specific in the bible that we will not know. Period. “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Matthew 24:6 (NIV) Seems pretty clear to me.
I saw someone post (jokingly) on Facebook about a shelter for the end of the world and I immediately thought, I already have one, it's called Heaven. Those people out there that really believed today was the end, they need our prayers. They need to realize the one and only shelter. So instead of making fun of them, let's pray for them that they find the Lord before it really is too late.
I probably won't write again before Christmas. I thank you (at least my one true follower) for reading my babble. Surprisingly, I have enjoyed writing over the past year-and-a-half. The fun of it for me is that no one is forced to read my ramblings, I am hoping people read because they want to. Most of the time my goal is to be uplifting and encouraging about life, parenthood, Christianity, family, community. I realize that every now and then I may get on my little soapbox, but it's cheaper than therapy. Thank you for letting me vent. I hope that some day my children will enjoy reading stories from their childhood and mine (might come in handy with their future therapy).
Remember there would not be Christmas if it weren't for the birth of Christ. I hope that you and your family and friends have a Merry Christmas!
1 comment:
Aahhh, happy sigh. ;-) And a Happy New Year to you, my friend.
Post a Comment