Sunday afternoon I sent Madolyn over to my mom's and my aunt's house with her cheerleading fundraiser. She drove our ridiculously over-sized four-wheeler (can you tell I think it is too big?) over. She is somewhat crazy when driving ATV's and other motorized vehicles. We are always telling her to slow down, watch what you're doing, wear your helmet, etc. Every time she heads out on that humongous beast of an ATV, I whisper a prayer for safety...
So she comes back and tells me of her fundraising success and that is the end of it, I thought...until we are rolling down the driveway after delivering her goats to the 4H fair on Sunday night. It was around 10:30 pm and we had had a small storm, wind, hard rainfall, etc. earlier that afternoon. We come down the drive, we are all exhausted and Madolyn says "oh, is that a pine tree laying over?" Jay stops the truck, rolls down the window and lo and behold there is a pine tree from our windbreak laying over.
Jay asks the question, "And how did that happen?" Madolyn, of course, stumbles and stammers and then starts with "Well, grandma's dog was chasing me on the fourwheeler and crossed my path..." I started cracking up because I had just posted about my pine tree woes and I had to share this. I suppose like mother, like daughter...
4 comments:
So I just read your "about me" thing on the right sidebar. I didn't know you were typtyp who commented on my blog! Too funny. Love your stories!
Haha, yeah, I guess you wouldn't know me as typtyp b/c you don't see my license plate :)
Yes, like mother like daughter. LOVE it! :-)
This is true. Just means that either I need to get up there more often or you need to get down here more often...or both.
Post a Comment