Thursday, February 5, 2015

Candida what?

Okay, so raise your hand if you have never heard of Candida.  Both my hands are in the air.  I had never, ever in my life heard of such a thing.  And now, after reading and watching and searching, I can clearly see that Candida is a HUGE part of my problem.  And my problems aren't even major in the big scheme of things.  So if my little problems are most likely linked to Candida...I'm thinking that others with big problems are inclined to have Candida problems as well.

I'm so mad at Candida that I am no longer going to capitalize the word from here on out.  It is just an all-around pain in my rump.  It does not deserve a tall C.

So what is this candida I speak of...candida is a fungus, form of yeast, and a very small amount of it lives in our mouth and intestine.  Its job is to aid with digestion and nutrient absorption, but when overproduced, it breaks down the wall of the intestine and penetrates the bloodstream, releasing toxic byproducts into the body and causing leaky gut.  (Thank you www.mindbodygreen.com for that definition.)

I took the online questionnaire and got a high score.  Usually you're happy with high scores, but not with this test.  I was on the very, very high end of the spectrum for candida symptoms.  Going down the list I think, hmm, I never would've guessed that this or that could be related back to something like a yeast/fungus...and I can't for the life of me understand why I have never, ever heard this word out of a doctor's mouth.

Why are we treating all these diseases and conditions with prescription medications when quite possibly the secret is a probiotic that can get the candida in check?  I have spent the last four or five months reading and watching videos on this subject matter.  I have to believe these people are telling truths when they say they have had life-changing results from the Plexus products.  There are just too many of them saying amazing things not to believe it.

Just this morning I read an article about how researchers are finding if young children with peanut allergies take a very good probiotic, their systems can handle the peanut(butter).  Amazing.  What else out there is linked to this fungus yeast that we don't know about?  WHY ARE ON EARTH ISN'T EVERYONE BEING TOLD BY A PHYSICIAN TO TAKE A PROBIOTIC?  Here is the thing, if a probiotic is only good for you, can't hurt you and might possibly assist in wiping out something that attacks our bodies, then what is the harm in taking one?

Why is the Plexus Probio 5 better than any other probiotic on the market?  Simply because of this one ingredient - Chitosanase.  It's what specifically pokes the holes in the Chitin layer (not the protein layers) of the fungal cell well.   Chitin is like the eco-skeleton of a bug.  Digestive enzymes are not able to penetrate this layer.  That's what makes it so difficult to kill fungus.  Look at other enzyme products, even 'candida control' products, how often do you see Chitosanase in them?  You need that ingredient in your probiotic.  If it's not in there, throw it in the trash.  It is worthless against the candida battle.

And that's why I'm forging ahead in my quest to conquer candida and its friends and family that have taken up residence in my body.



No comments: