Grandma K always had baby oil in her bathroom. Unless I'm forgetting something, I don't remember ever having baby oil at our house...so it kind of made me feel special to get to use it at grandma's house. I can't even tell you what I would have done with it to be honest, but every now and then I would get out the bottle that was underneath her bathroom sink and use it. I know this because I know that smell and it takes me right back to her house and that big bottle of baby oil.
Later on, she started buying the Avon Skin-so-Soft, but early on, it was just the plain ole baby oil that our local grocery store had in stock (because she didn't shop at Wal-mart at that time - and never really did that much).
That smell/memory then lead to another smell/memory from her bathroom - Dippity Do! Oh my goodness, now that's a flashback! If you are familiar with it, pretend to take a big whiff and you will smell it. Oh funny, how I loved that stuff! Again, I have no idea what I actually did with it...but it was fun to swirl my finger around in that cool, green gel.

Again, it was one of those products we didn't have at home, only at grandma's house. I say that as if it were a treat - the green goo called Dippity Do!
I've talked about it before - how smells or a song are associated to specific memories. I'm so glad. It's good to remember things from way back when. And you know, that oil sure does make my skin so soft...
1 comment:
Yes! I remember both those smells! And another one from my grandma's house: Noxema! :-)
Post a Comment