The rabbits stayed near the barn and occasionally we would see them zipping around through the woods, around the barn, near the pool, darting here and there. Then all of a sudden, Midnight went AWOL. We can only assume he was eaten by a bear...or something.
Early on it was discovered that the rabbits were living in the loft of the barn. Funny imagining them hopping up and down the barn stairs! The kids found the area they would snuggle up in the insulation (sounds cozy, huh?) in the 90+ degree weather. UGH. And then the kitties spotted them.
![]() |
| Look close, see Boots by the tire, the all-white rabbit and Josie right next to it. |
Marshmallow, the all-white rabbit, who simply cannot hide or camouflage itself had not been seen since the Quackdaddy's surprise party and we feared it, too, had succumbed to nature's fury. Alas, Jay texted this morning and said Marshmallow has been spotted!
Now I'm starting to wonder...did this little hiatus involve a litter of baby bunnies? The kids tell me both rabbits were males, but I still wonder why Marshmallow was gone so long. I'm curious to know if our backyard will soon be a bunny-play zone...or perhaps a bunny prey-zone.
Two mice have been slain by our ravenous kitties this week...this could get interesting. Hunger Games, take 2.

1 comment:
I don't know why that picture cracks me up so much! It's like they're saying, "What? What are you looking at?!" :-)
Post a Comment