Introducing Boots Wilhoit. I call her Boo because I'm just not a fan of her name, but it is Madolyn's kitty so there you go. This little gal will purr on demand. I can just look at her and she will start the roar. She is so lovable and she has been a GODSEND when it comes to the Not-So-Sweet Josie.
Would you believe that Josie has not bit me or struck out at me since Boo arrived? No kidding. I cannot believe the complete change in personality for the big kitty. I had suggested getting another cat about a year ago when I could not get Josie to calm down...and Jay was opposed. I don't usually do this, but I didn't even get his opinion when I told Madolyn to bring this little cutie pie home.
I don't know if little kitty has wounds that I cannot see or what, but I think she has become Josie's new punching bag. Is that terrible of me?! I don't think they hate each other too much. They play a lot and will also leave each other alone when they're ready to relax.
I've been a little surprised that Josie has allowed Boo to take over her 'spot' on the half wall in the kitchen. But as you can see, they are sharing the space...or something. I had to remove those artificial flowers and the ones in another vase because little kitty cannot resist them. Boo knocked a peace lily off the half wall yesterday while we were at church so that has been relocated as well. Nothing is safe for the time being.
She had become infatuated with the fair fish too...and I could see that was going to become a problem, but Lane took care of that himself. Our fish has moved on to
Funny thing, this little kitty was born and raised on a farm. The very day we brought her home she was staring out the window and pawing at the door. We realized right away she loved it outdoors, and we let her venture outside. Immediately she appeared with a mouse in her mouth. It took Josie months to muster up the courage to go outdoors, and that really was the result of us throwing her outside time after time and making her stay out. This little kitty has repeatedly brought goodies to the door, and has attacked birds that have come inside through our chimney. She's a savage!
And she fits right in...
1 comment:
Oh, I love this. The savage that can fit into your family has to be just that: a savage. hahahaha
Post a Comment