Anyway, my BFF, who has been on another turnaround at work (working nights this time - boo) and tends to make some irrational decisions, decided that we needed - yes, needed - a puppy. And my goodness, it has been three long years since we've had one...cannot believe that Hank II has lived this long...so he started searching and found the one he wanted.
And because he is working every single night, I (being the only woman on the planet who could be married to this man), and our daughter (Lord, who will she marry?) went and picked up the sweet little gal this past weekend.
Which reminded me, it was three years ago yesterday that Jay brought Hank the Tank II home...again, just in time for my anniversary (today). Last year, he bought me a couple sows and a boar at the State Fair. I know we can eat the pork, but even I have to say I prefer a cute puppy...at least today. Ask me in a couple months when our house is even more destroyed than it already is how I feel about that decision...
But really, how can you resist that sweet thang right there? This was after her first bath at our house and she was not really feeling it yet. I was very worried during the first 24 hours that she was sick and might not make be okay. Apparently, it was just the adjustment of relocating...she surely hasn't heard about our place, right?
So, friends, please welcome Moxie, our 10-week old Bloodhound puppy. We've had her just over 48 hours and she is still alive (as of 7:30 a.m.) and is a cutie-pie. She is very awkward right now because nothing really fits...her ears hang low, her head is tiny and her legs are long. She has not started in with the howling...yet.
This morning I woke up about 4:30 and thought, uh-oh, I didn't get up to let her outside! I quickly let her out, she did her business and then I put her on my bed, with a small deer antler to gnaw on because, I assumed, she would be wide awake...and I was not.
Stay tuned for more on #10, Miss Moxie.
1 comment:
I can't help but think there has been some kind of cosmic death-to-life force happened in your home!!! No, um, unfortunate accidents in awhile. Right? Right?
Post a Comment