Thursday, January 23, 2014

It's possible...

I don't believe I ever thought I would say this, but I would love to have a little "cabin fever" right now.  I keep seeing these knitting posts about projects to knit to cure cabin fever, etc.  And I laugh.  Oh, how I wish I could do nothing but knit.  It's possible that sometimes I do...


I say that as if I don't already put everything on the back burner to knit.  It is quite possible that my son complaining about not having any socks is what forces me to do a load of laundry.  It is possible that suppertime will come and go and it hits me that my children haven't eaten real food.  (Hypothetically speaking, of course.)


My daughter has now banned me from knitting at her volleyball games.  What?!  I have been taking it to the basketball games and it helps me focus on something other than the game so much...and this habit I have of yelling like a cheerleader.  It doesn't necessarily cure the whole problem, but I think it helps. 


Have you been to a volleyball game?  Do you know how long the warm-up takes?!  It's about a half hour in between games.  That is 30 minutes that I could be knitting.  She says it embarrasses her.  Hmm.  Last year I took my Nookbook and read.  I guess I really don't see what the difference is.  I told her I would honor her request at volleyball games this year...but I did take a hat to the basketball game last Saturday and I did accomplish quite a bit...while yelling just a little.  One of our youth kids yelled down at me that I needed to pay attention to the game and quit knitting.  Obviously he wasn't paying attention because I had been yelling 'words of encouragement' on every possession...and even in between.  Yes, it's possible to knit and watch a ball game.


It's possible that I have a small obsession with yarn and patterns.  Thankfully, I have a better half that isn't about to say anything about that little obsession (right?)...at least until it gets way out of hand...and we aren't even close to that level...yet.  The kids are old enough to gather nuts and berries.  Socks can be worn two+ days maybe.  And my daughter won't really die of embarrassment if I'm in the bleachers knitting.


Hey, if the ship goes down, I can always sell hats, cowls, scarves and ear warmers.  It's possible I will have plenty.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

"The kids are old enough to gather nuts and berries." Bahahaha!!! LOVE that!