Hey, guess what? The joke was on me. The toaster wasn't broken. Even though I had unplugged it and tried it in different outlets, I didn't pick the right ones...the ground fault had tripped and that is why it wasn't working, which explains why my Nook and cell phone didn't fully charge too (but I didn't even complain about that...ha!)
Oh well, I went on my lunch Monday to Wal-Mart and bought a cheapo toaster. I was unpacking it when Jay started telling me about the ground fault. I then re-packed it back up and covered it in packing tape so I could return it...then located the instruction manual on the counter (which honestly who would need one for a simple toaster?).
Jay suggested I keep it for the camper...too late, I already have a toaster for the camper! So it's coming to work with me. That way, no matter what the toaster at home is doing, I can have toast at work. Future crisis averted.
No comments:
Post a Comment