Saturday, April 4, 2015

Simple Pictures Are Best


Anyone ever read that book as a child?  When I was thinking about writing a post about taking pictures last week, this book instantly came to mind.  My mom read this book to me and my brother many times when we were younger.  It's about a shoemaker and his wife wanting their picture taken for their anniversary.  Although the photographer keeps repeating the same thing over and over, "simple pictures are best," the couple continues to gather items and pets to put in the picture - cluttering up the picture, and the photographer gets very frustrated.  It is a really funny book with a good message.  If you haven't read it, you're missing out.

Can't we all relate to the basic principle of that children's book?  We spend too much time cluttering up our lives with unimportant items and even people that take our mind off of the real picture.

I don't like hearing anyone being called stupid, but the phrase, "Keep it simple, Stupid," is one I can imagine God might like to use on me every now and then...simplicity seems to apply to more than just a photo.

Although, I must say, cluttering up any picture of me with items that can draw attention away from my un-photogenic face is probably a good idea.




No comments: