So if you follow my blog, you know that back in May I took the 30-day Ab Challenge to prepare myself for vacation and to make my core stronger.
I fought through it and was amazed at how I progressed, as I started out feeling very, very weak and pathetic. I did call "Uncle" on the 110-second plank, however. I tried so hard, but really felt like I was going to hurt myself (for real) if I kept trying to hold it a few more seconds. I decided that a 100-second plank was going to be my final time on the plank and I was okay with it. I never dreamed I would hold a plank 60 seconds, let alone 100. 90 was just about perfect in terms of when I really didn't think I could hold it another second. 100 pushed me just a little more.
So I was sailing along (that's how I like to remember it) with the 30-day challenge fairly well until I got to day 29. I cannot remember why, but I believe I had to skip the day I was supposed to do day 29 and push it over to what should've been my day 30. So when I was ready to do day 30, I didn't. I thought I would get to it the next day, that day came and went and it was time to head to North Carolina.
Thus, I never did complete day 30 of my 30-day ab challenge. HOW PATHETIC IS THAT? I went through 29 days of that thing only to completely skip town on day 30. It's like climbing all the way up Mount Everest only to give up on the final stretch and return to the bottom. Geesh.
Just call me a LOSER.
And what is even more ridiculous..although I felt great after doing those 29 days - my abs were tighter, it made me feel skinnier (even if I wasn't), my clothes fit better, I felt taller, and just all-around better - have I done even one of those exercises since day 29? NO! Ahhhhh...
All that work for nothing!
Last night, I was lying on the floor and I decided to roll over and do a plank. I thought 30 seconds was a good place to start. Then I did some sit-ups, some crunches and leg-raises. It didn't kill me and it wasn't near as bad as when I began with the exercises in May.
I AM going to continue on with these exercises. I am going to find a happy medium and stick with it because I don't want to be remembered (at least in my mind) as that girl who didn't do day 30...
No comments:
Post a Comment