The quirks of a cat are never few and far between, are they? It is sooo funny how a cat can have such a personality. Dogs just aren't near as fun.
Sweet Josie is no longer a little kitten. She is becoming a pot-bellied cat. We decided a month ago to scale back on her food intake. Instead of always keep her food dish(es) full, we fill one dish in the morning and one at night. She will politely sit near her dish if it is empty unless she's not being noticed, and at such time, she will find one morsel and continuously drop it over and over in the metal dish, which creates the tinkling sound to get my attention. "Hey, I'm starving over here..."
Anyway, we think the 'diet' is helping the pot belly.
Josie has turned into that cat that has discovered morning wake-up calls, alarm clocks and when you are not up on her time. She sleeps down at the foot of the bed against my legs and won't rest until I am out of bed in the morning. I'm not one to sleep in past 6:30, but she would prefer 6:00 a.m. or earlier. It is amazing how she can find ways to make irritating noises that cannot be ignored. We can't even shut the bedroom door because she will jump up and hit the handle over and over and over...until you give up...she will not.
And most of the time, if Jay is at work and I'm alone in bed, she'll jump up on the bed, sit where his pillow is and start digging under the covers for my flesh. I'm not kidding. She will reach way under the covers to find my hand or arm and start poking at me.
Her newest fetish is the bathroom sink. We do not have the drain stopper in, never have. Jay doesn't like them. So it's just an open drain. Kitty loves dropping random objects down there. It took us a while to figure that out. "Where are the tweezers?" "Someone had to take the tweezers from the bathroom!" (Okay, I have to admit, we blame our kids for things we don't have explanation for a lot.) We had seen Josie carrying the tweezers into the living room before, but honestly thought the kids had used them and not returned them. Then Madolyn discovered her necklace was missing. The last place she had it was our bathroom vanity - she had taken it off before her shower. It was gone. Weird.
One night we heard the kitty on the bathroom counter, shuffling stuff around, and realized what was going on. Jay took the bathroom sink trap off and found tweezers and Mad's necklace. This has happened a couple of times since, and presently, there is at least one hair clip, that I know of, down the drain. Josie was watching me get ready the other morning, I walked away and heard the clanking noise...there went the clip I use when I'm straightening my hair. I guess she just wants to be noticed.
She also loves the drip-drip-drip of water. If I turn the handle just right, there is a slight drip and she loves grabbing a drink. She will stare at the dripping for a while and then go for the plunge. I think she is fascinated by things going down the drain...and while she's at it, I guess she gets real thirsty.
I had been getting after the kids about deep holes appearing in the drywall. Spots I remembered to be small marks on the wall were growing. You can actually see a bare nail in the hallway by Lane's door and I accused him of picking at it until the nail head was exposed. He denied it, but I was skeptical. Later, he blamed Sweet Josie. Yeah, I've been there, done that, pal.
Until...I saw Jo jumping up and scraping the wall by our bedroom. Somehow or another, we have lost the door guard thingy that goes on the baseboard to protect the wall from the door handle and a small dent developed in the drywall. It wasn't a big deal, except that Josie discovered it and began jumping up and swiping at it...repeatedly. Hmm, so she WAS the one that was making these holes in my drywall. Not Lane. Oops. I don't know what it is about drywall, but Josie sure likes it.
I guess what it comes down to is this: We have a super cute kitty we call Sweet Josie, who causes quite a ruckus and is very destructive. She fits right in.
No comments:
Post a Comment