Elevate, the Christian concert that kicks off our fair, is this Saturday...then a full week of all-you-can-take Carnival, junk food, visiting, grandstand events, horse racing. The annual Martinsville af"Fair 5k walk/run is on Saturday and I help organize that.
Church camp, which is always the first full week of June, was moved to mid July...beginning the week after our fair, which has been the last full week of June for the past several years. We come home on Friday from church camp and the 4-H fair begins on Saturday and runs through the next Wednesday. The Friday and Saturday after that, Jay is an usher in his cousin's wedding. Sunday, July 29, we are having a mini Vacation Bible School after church.
Madolyn has volleyball camp to squeeze in during the 4-H fair. We should be done with baseball after this Friday night. The 4th of July is tomorrow, which thankfully I have off. Jay has worked every day or night since we came home from Colorado and should be off this Friday for two weeks, so that he can
I am thankful to be alive. Thankful that my kids and husband (and I) are healthy and able to enjoy summer. I am thankful for jobs that allow for vacation time. I am thankful for my parents and in-laws who help with the kids' stuff in the summer. I am thankful for a small community that can be so much fun. I am thankful that everyday I am reminded of how blessed I am. (Note to self, read the last paragraph again on August 1.) Happy Fourth of July!!!
1 comment:
I can soooo relate to this. :-)
Post a Comment