Thursday, December 4, 2014

One lonely sole



In August I took a sock-knitting class.  It was great.  I jumped right in and finished my sock.  It even looks pretty good...don't ya think?


And here is a picture of the second sock to the set...and it is November December (I began this post in November, geesh).  I started it immediately after I finished the other one in August.  I'm not sure I even remember what I'm supposed to do anymore.  I may have to attend another class to finish it.


I was super stoked about knitting socks because everyone needs socks and lots of them...but here is my problem, one single sock takes forever.  The yarn is teeny tiny and you use a small needle, which makes you knit and knit and knit for what seems like eternity, only to have half of a sock.  I got bored.  And still have only one single sock.

I do this a little lot, I start a project and then get bored with it and so it sits...yarn attached, needles in place, waiting for me to return.  I still have a pair of finger-less gloves and my first-ever shirt in my closet, incomplete, and I'm all but done.  I don't know why I won't just dive in and finish them. Except that my knitter's ADHD kicks in and I move on when something is taking too long or I need help on one little bitty part.

Don't even get me started on my first blanket.  That thing is taking an eternity.  (It's a work in progress.)  I have, however, finished my first pair of mittens and they were super easy and quick. (That's what I like.) I look forward to starting another pair, but I really must finish something else first...maybe.

I'm still obsessed with the knitting but have to pace myself a little for the sake of my hands, wrists and arms.  I have tried to halt yarn purchases the last few months because, if you walk into my office right now (oh, wait, you can't) you would see that I have PLENTY of yarn.

Current problem is that sweet Moxie Mo, the beautiful bloodhound puppy, really, really likes my knitting too.  She has ruined two different circular needs so far and will stop at nothing to get a ball of yarn...repeatedly...no matter where I put it.  She is worse than the cats when it comes to the yarn!

But she is so sweet and lovable.  I'll let it go...and buy another needle...and maybe some more yarn.


The upside to this - there are these brand new needles at the Yarn Studio called Rockets that are awesome.  I know what you're thinking, how can a knitting needle be awesome?  (I thought the same thing when "Diane" showed them to me.)  Just trust me on this one.  Maybe I should start leaving my other needles out for Moxie to happen upon.

I will finish that other sock. Some day it will happen.  It would be silly to leave that one lonely sole.

1 comment:

apronsandappetites said...

just stick with beanie hats, honey.