Friday, June 21, 2013

Run, Turkey Run!

I'm writing this post on Thursday, the day before we leave for our long weekend of camping at Turkey Run with our Camp Family.  I hope to have some great pictures and classic stories to tell next week. I think there are 13 kids accompanying us on this adventure.  We haven't camped there before, which brings about two perspectives:  We aren't very familiar with Turkey Run, and Turkey Run doesn't know what's about to hit them. 

I bought a picture frame earlier this year with the saying, "some call it chaos, we call it family."  I think that pretty much sums up the camp family.  It is chaotic no doubt, but it is so much fun.  And I must say, we do know how to prepare some pretty good food too.

We're broadening our horizons by not only going out of state, but to a new park.  It will probably be a little more crowded with campers than we are used to, but we thought it would be fun.  The other campers may be in for a shock when we roll in and set up camp.

We hope to swim at the pool, go on a few trails and take a canoe trip down Sugar Creek.  Jay is looking forward to the opportunity to do nothing and nap.  Oh, yeah, me too... 

Let the "makin' memories" begin!  (If you don't see a follow-up post, you may not want to ask how it went!)

P.S. You might say a few prayers for safety also...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys have sure made the memories over the years. Good stuff. :)